Lord knows I never imagined myself as a runner. Even when I first started, I didn’t think I could do it. Then I ran a mile, eventually without stopping. From there, I’ve done countless 5k’s, unofficial 10k’s, and a 15k trail race. Today, I ran 12 miles. In 2 hours (and 3 minutes). Amazing!
Here are a few things I’ve learned along the way:
1. Believe in yourself and you’ll go far!
2. The hardest step is the one out the door, once you start, you become unstoppable!
3. A mile is a mile, no matter how slow.
4. The only competition you have is yourself. I will never run a 7 or even 8 minute mile, and I’m ok with that. Be your best you.
This was a tough one for me!
5. Enjoy the run. Watching the sunrise over the river while on an early morning run is one of God’s greatest gifts. Enjoy it while you can.
If you run, you are a runner. Not everyone wants to hear about it, but the running community (and it’s bigger than you think) does! Be proud of yourself, being a runner is an awesome accomplishment 🙂
And….you can have cookies when you’re done!
Chocolate chip zucchini cookies
1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened
1cup sugar or sugar substitute (I used Stevia)
2 cups flour (I used one cup white, one cup whole wheat, because hey, I can’t overwhelm the hubs all at once)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips (could use raisins)
1 to 2 cups shredded zucchini (I used one the first batch and they were a little dry, two was better) *Next time I will try 1 cup zucchini, 1/2 cup applesauce
Pre heat oven to 350°
In a large bowl combine butter and sugar. Cream until light and fluffy
Add egg and all dry ingredients, add zucchini and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips
Drop by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheet
Bake for 15-17 minutes!
For the record, the hubs loves them! Gave them a 9/10. Nuts would’ve given them a 10 🙂
Photo credit here
Thanks for listening, now go for a run!
Posted from WordPress for Android